Kimi Hirotsu Ziemski
Ms. Ziemski has worked in professional performance improvement for over 15 years – specializing in enterprise and governmental organizations. Having worked with thousands of people and many organizations to improve their productivity and accelerate their organizational evolution, Ms. Ziemski has supported the growth of leadership capacity in the technical professionals in each organization. Specializing in project management and project leadership skills, Ms. Ziemski’s experience includes both public and private organizations and spans several continents.
Direct Project Experience Highlights
- Created products for multi-media conferencing client support at AT&T
- Developed and delivered customized training material for major clients including Sun Microsystem, IBM, and AT&T
- Helped launch new product development teams for manufacturing and high-tech clients
- Developed customer feature design sets and installed 650+ phone and data systems including:
- Pilot auto-response system for customer service for a major travel agency
- Pilot and subsequent national roll-out of automated attendant systems for financial institutions
Methodology Development Highlights
- Developed specialized concepts and training for project management to be used in life-sciences and health care organizations
- Contributed to the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), 4th edition.
- Audited and customized project management processes and customer service processes for numerous federal government local agencies.
- Created and delivered project management introduction curriculum for utility for use in field and engineering
Other Career Highlights
- 5 years of national recognition for account management and revenue attainment at AT&T
- Guest speaker for DeVry Project Management bachelor program
- Volunteer Leader Project Management Institute San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (10 years)
- Senior Project Management and Leadership Facilitator for Management Concepts (14 years)
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Administrator
- Cofounder & member Board of Directors, The Fatwood Group – not-for-profit educational research foundation
- Spoke and presented workshops for the Project Management Institute (PMI) annual Leadership symposium multiple times across the globe
- Senior Project Management Facilitator for Systemations (5 years)
- Author of, When Opposites Collide – Leadership Beyond Gender
- Senior Project Management Instructor for PMSI/Project Mentors (2 years)
Ms. Ziemski’s experience includes work with local, county, state and federal government agencies as well as firms in publishing, manufacturing, power utility, telecommunications, life sciences, semiconductor, professional services, and finance and information systems. Ms. Ziemski’s consulting experience includes project and process review, creating and enhancing methodologies, organizational culture assessment, leadership capacity review, Myers-Brigg’s individual and team assessments, and many other areas. An accomplished speaker, Ms. Ziemski has delivered keynotes, symposium sessions, and has lead seminars in all aspects of project, and leadership management across the globe.